- Location, Location, Location – before you start looking for offices, think about where you want to be located. There are many reasons for determining your perfect location, which will vary depending on the type of business you own. Will you have a lot of clients coming and going throughout the day? Are the majority of your clients based locally, or do they have to travel from further afield to get to your office? Are you already known in the area you are looking to base your business from? How close is the competition located to your chosen area? Is the office easy to get to, or does it involve your clients driving down back streets and dirt roads?
- Purpose-built or repurposed – purpose built offices often have a professional, modern feel, with today’s business’s needs very much taken into consideration. Repurposed offices, where the property was originally built for some other purpose, often many years ago, will generally have a very different look and feel to them, both internally and externally, as well as having unique quirks, such as small rooms, no parking spaces etc.
- Set in stone or make it your own – Generally, when choosing an office, what you see is what you get, and you have no choice but to work with the existing internal layout. However, if you’re lucky, you will find somewhere like the offices at Hawke Street, with open plan floor plates that means that you can work with the letting agents to create your perfect, bespoke office layout, with everything exactly where you want it.
- In and out or plan for the future – if you’re not sure where your business will be in 12 months or two years’ time, an office that offers flexible terms will be ideal. However, if you’re settled and have no plans to move once you’ve moved in to your new office, knowing that you have the option to purchase your office space direct from the owners, is a great position to be in.
- Feel neglected or deal direct – most office spaces are not managed by the owners, which can cause delays when things go wrong. Ascent Lettings own all the properties they manage, which results in hassle-free issue resolution, as you deal directly with the people who can help.
- All mouth or word of mouth – Get recommendations from other business owners who have been delighted with the service they have received from their commercial letting agents. Bear in mind that the agents who shout the loudest through adverts in magazines and on billboards, are doing so to try and attract new customers. Other agents spend their time working with their existing customers to ensure complete satisfaction, which in turn leads to word of mouth recommendations, with no need to advertise.
Ascent Lettings is proud to say that our focus is very much on our clients and their commercial property needs, meaning that businesses that work with us, stay with us. If you would like to know how we can support your commercial property needs, too, please don’t hesitate to get in touch for a friendly chat.
Come and have a look round an example of a perfect office – take a look at the Hawke Street offices. Get in touch to arrange a free viewing.
Please see other images related